Sanya is a magic gift from the Creator, for it has every attraction of a seaside city: agreeable climate, fresh air, clear water, soft sandy beach, the most exotic ethnic minorities, delicious seafood.
Sanya is located in the tropics with year-round sunny days and an average annual temperature of 25.5 ℃. August is the hottest month with an average temperature of 28.5 ℃. We hope Sanya can be one of your top-of-mind destinations and strongly recommend you to travel here in winter, to stay away from the chilly winter in your country.
Things to Prepare Before Departure
Belongings and Valuables
- Take care of your passport,other identity documents, return flight tickets.
- Exchange for RMB in time, take care of cash, credit cardsand other belongings and valuables. Warm tip: 1 USD = 65 RMB (exchange rate is updated every second).
- Iftaking the camera with you, photo storage issues need to be well consider
- Take cellphone (with all the bills paid) and battery chargerwith you.
- Sunscreen: high SPF, waterproof.
- Hairconditioner: apply conditioner to repair your hair in case of sun burning.
- Sunglasses: to block out the sunlight.
- Sun umbrella: itcan protect you from both sun and rain.
- Swimsuits: white, yellowand rose color are good choices.
- Waterproof watch: itcan be used to record time.
- Warm tip: prepare all the swimming necessities before departure to protect yourself from gettingsunburnt.
- Eye drops; antiallergic agents; antidiarrheals; motion sickness pills; band-aids; vosquito repellent.
- Clothing: take more underwear; absorbent, breathable, and quick-dryingclothes due to the humid weather in Sanya.
- Sandals: travel aroundSanya in comfortable sandals. You’d better take them from home or just buy them in Sanya for about only 10 RMB each pair.
- Wet tissue: it can be very useful after eatingfruits and seafood.
- Portable tripod: it can be used to shoot night scenes and landscapes.
- Take a bag that is big enough for important stuff.
Sanya entry and exit port is located in Sanya Phoenix Airport. It offers 15-day landing visa to tourist groups consisting of 5 persons or above from 26 countries including: Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Germany, the UK, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Finland, Norway and Denmark. Tourist groups of 2 persons or above from Russia, Japan and South Korea can extend their 15-day landing visa to 21-day landing visa. Since currently the visa-on-arrival policy is only valid for tourist groups, so if you travel alone, you still need to apply for a tourist visa to China by yourself.
Sanya Travel Notes
- Sneakers are better than leather shoeswhile travelling in Hainan.
- Don't eat too muchtropical fruits in Hainan. You can take them with you back home by flight baggage.
- Please do remember phone numberand room number of your fellow travelers, as well as the location and name of your hotel.
- While relaxing on the beach, be careful not to getyour camera or video equipment
- Protect the environmentof Hainan and do not litter or destroy plants or cultural relics. Every tourist in Hainan is responsible for protecting the unique environment of Hainan.